Suggestions For Composing An Expository Essay About 9/11
The terrorist attack that took place on September 11th in 2001 has been one of the most shocking of all times. This date is frequently cited shortly as 9/11 provided that there are no other similar events that could be confused with the attack that the World Trade Centre suffered. An expository essay focused on this topic should present the most relevant events that occurred before and after the commercial planes crashed the Twin Towers. Read this post to learn about what information you should include in this essay.
Why did this terrorist attack take place?
This is arguably the most controversial issue that involves this tragic event where hundreds of citizens from all over the world died dramatically. A lot of theories have been proposed on this context aiming to explain the causes. The most accepted idea is that Al Qaeda – headed by Osama Bin Laden at that time – was able to hijack two commercial flights and managed to crash them onto the Twin Towers. This attack was meant to be a claim for the terrorists from Mid Orient. You should research is new evidence has been revealed recently in this context.
How was it possible?
Amazingly as it may appear, this really happened. Two skyscrapers were destroyed using two planes as missiles. How didn't the authorities managed to stop the situation from ending this way? This is an inquiry that has allowed even more theories, some of them conspirational. It has been proposed that some politicians favoured the attack by some hypothesis. These ideas respond to the lack of information behind some actual facts. In addition, crazy theories have been suggested because it is simply hard to believe that this terrorist attack was actually possible in USA. You should research and present an overview of the main ideas in this regard.
Was it anyone's failure?
Needless to mention that there are also several hypothesis in this context just as there for the previous questions. However, you may create a comparison in order to present the evidence to the readers.
What are the security measures in airports nowadays?
As a consequence of this terrorists attack, airports increased their security measures drastically worldwide. Nowadays, you can no longer carry liquids as freely as before on your hand luggage. There are quite a few restrictions that appeared after 9/11 in order to prevent any similar attack from taking place again. You should review the most important security measures as a part of your research.
Writing an essay can be a daunting task for both teachers and students in terms of creating and crafting a high quality essay, and finally editing and grading them.
It seems though we may have overlooked one of the toughest steps in writing an essay and that is actually selecting an appropriate and interesting topic for your students.
Thankfully I have put together a list of 25 great essay topics that might just make that process a little easier. Enjoy. And remember to add any other great suggestions in the comment section below.
If you are still struggling with the essay writing process and need further guidance be sure to check out our definitive guide to writing a great essay.
- Zoos are sometimes seen as necessary but not poor alternatives to a natural environment. Discuss some of the arguments for and/or against keeping animals in zoos.
- Imaginethat your teacher wants to teach a new subject for the next few weeks. Your teacher will take suggestions, and then let the students vote on the new subject. What subject should your class choose? Write an essay to support your choice and to persuade the other students to vote for your choice.
- Are actors and professional athletes paid too much?
- Should teachers have to wear uniforms or have a dress code?
- Since the invention of nuclear weapons we have had a long period of GLOBAL peace and stability. Are nuclear weapons global peacemakers or killing devices?
- Should boys and girls be in separate classes?
- Is the death penalty effective?
- To what extent is the use of animals in scientific research acceptable?
- What age is appropriate for dating?
- Pretend you woke up one day and there were no rules. People could suddenly do whatever they wanted! Explain what the world would be like. Use your imagination!
- Should student’s textbooks be replaced by notebook computers?
- Should students be allowed to have cell phones in elementary and high schools?
- Should wealthy nations be required to share their wealth among poorer nations?
- Should money be spent on space exploration?
- Is fashion important?
- Are we too dependent on computers?
- Ifyou had the opportunity to bring any person — past or present, fictional or nonfictional — to a place that is special to you (your hometown or country, a favourite location, etc.), who would you bring and why? Tell us what you would share with that person
- Most high level jobs are done by men. Should the government encourage a certain percentage of these jobs to be reserved for women?
- Should students be allowed to grade their teachers?
- In your opinion what factors contribute to a good movie?
- The destruction of the world’s forests is inevitable as our need for land and food grows. Do you agree?
- Many parents give their children certain chores or tasks to do at home. Should children have to do chores or tasks at home? Be sure to explain why you think it is a good idea or a bad idea. Include examples to support your reasons.
- Should the voting age be lowered to thirteen?
- Should the government place a tax on junk food and fatty snacks?
- Should more be done to protect and preserve endangered animals?