List of Easy Essay Topic Ideas
Updated on February 5, 2018
Does Humor Work Best in Ads?
Can you Educate People using Videos?
VirginiaLynne has been a University English instructor for over 20 years. She specializes in helping people write essays faster and easier.
- Pick a sport of your choice. Explain which is more enjoyable for fans: college or professional sports?
- What sport is more exciting to watch: football, soccer, baseball, basketball or something else?
- Who is the best Quarterback of all time? (or choose another position in football to discuss)
- Who is currently the best pitcher? Or you can talk about the best pitcher of all time.
- What is the difference between right and left handed pitchers or batters? How does this change the play of the game?
- What is a curve ball? Or a knuckleball? How does a pitcher learn to throw and what difference does it make in the game?
- Who was the best player in the most recent World Cup?
- What is the best sport for exercise for people over 50?
- What does it really take to be excellent in a sport? Pick a sport you know and give vivid details about training, workouts, preparation for a competition or game and/or the experience of a competition.
- What causes professional athletes to make major mistakes, such as World Cup players kicking the ball into their own goal?
- Which sport is the best one to play in high school?
- Pick a sport that you think needs to be added to your school program and give reasons why this sport would enhance the experience of students.
- Which sport is the most dangerous for young people? Are there sports that should be banned from schools?
- If you could be a World Class athlete in any sport, what would you choose? Why?
- What is the most difficult sport to play?
- How can creative or funny ads like the "Rethink Breast Cancer: Your Man Reminder" make people take care of their health better?
- Does not getting enough sleep affect your health? How much sleep do young people really need?
- Have you been in the hospital for a test or a surgery? Describe your experience.
- Have you experienced an injury from a sport? Describe what it takes to recover from an injury and the best medical advice you got to help you recover.
- Are supplements really helpful to health? Describe a supplement you believe in and explain why you believe it works.
- How important is it to eat a balanced diet and take vitamins? Do you follow the doctor's advice?
- Lots of people follow gluten-free diets. Other people avoid meat or sugar. Describe a special diet you know about and explain how it helps health.
- Scoliosis is a problem for many young adults. How can this be treated and what are the problems this disease causes for people over the course of their lifetime.
- Have you participated in a health non-profit organization's work (examples: Jump Rope for Heart, Giving blood, or Susan B. Komen run). Why is it important for people to support these organizations? Give your experience to back up your reasons.
- Are soft drinks like Coke, Pepsi, 7-up and Dr. Pepper really dangerous to your health? Should you avoid them?
- Should BMI reports be included on report cards to report on student's health? Does testing for weight and obesity violate a student's right to privacy. Does a poor health report card actually help encourage better health practices?
- Can banning sweets, sodas, and fast food at schools promote better eating and health among school kids?
- How can schools best promote exercise and good health? Should physical education be a part of every day a child is in school? How much recess? Should children be forced to run a certain amount?
- Most schools require health education. Are these classes useful and effective at promoting good lifelong health? What should be included in the curriculum?
- Should people have surgery to correct defects or imperfections in their body? Is corrective surgery a good part of mental health?
- Does stress make you sick?
- Do ad campaigns like Dove’s “Real Women” actually help women to have a better body image?
- What can a woman do who faces domestic violence?
- Pick a television series and discuss how it portrays women in a positive or negative way. Does it promote or break stereotypes?
- Compare a television series from the past with a current one. How have portrayals of men and women changed? How have stereotypes stayed the same?
- How does the portrayal of race in advertisements affect women positively or negatively?
- Examine a current magazine geared at women. What does this magazine portray about how women should think, do or believe about themselves? Are there conflicting messages?
- How does being abused as a child affect a woman’s relationship with her own children? With men?
- Why are so many women depressed?
- What is the best way to help a friend with an eating disorder?
- Why do women become prostitutes?
- What is feminism? Are you a feminist? Why or why not?
- What advantages are there for a woman who stays at home when her children are young?
- Is it better to be a woman than a man? What are the advantages of being a woman?
- How are women's friendships different than men's friendships?
- Why are women jealous of one another?
- The "Take the Poop to the Loo (toilet)" video was made by UNICEF to educate people in developing nations to use toilet facilities (see video below). How well does humor work to educate people?
- How should college campuses and police departments handle binge drinking?
- Colleges concerned with campus security sometimes put curfews on residents or restrict male/female visiting hours. What is the right balance between safety and freedom?
- Is it really necessary to get a college degree? Is a college degree worth it?
- States like Texas automatically admit the top 10% or so of high school graduates in a class to their public Universities. Argue for or against this practice.
- Do high schools offer a better education for students today than they did for their parents
- Is grade inflation a reality? Should schools and colleges go back to more vigorous grading?
- Is it a good idea for students to take a “gap year” to travel , work or volunteer before going to college?
- How important is it to learn a foreign language? Should schools require (or encourage) foreign language or study abroad?
- Categorize and explain the social groups at your High School.
- Is boarding school a good idea? What type of student benefits from living away from home?
- What are the benefits of going to an all-female or all-male school?
- Do school uniforms make a better school environment? Are they easier and cheaper for parents? Would you recommend them for schools to adopt? Why or why not?
- Should schools allow pregnant teens to continue to attend? Should there be a day care on campus?
- Is promoting birth control in the schools a good idea?
- Is it a good idea for students to skip grades? Should there be an easier way to test out of having to take courses in school or a better way to graduate early?
- Pick a successful business like Starbucks, Apple, Target or other Fortune 500 company, or pick a prosperous local business in your community. Explain why that business has done so well. What have they done to attract customers, brand their product and present it appealingly?
- Should businesses be proactive about helping their employees keep their weight in the correct BMI? If so, what should they do?
- Does promoting something as “green,” “recycled,” or “reducing your carbon footprint” really help sell products?
- What is white collar crime? How does it harm everyone?
- Is it important for things to be “made in the U.S.A”?
- Are Christian businesses like Chick-fil-a and Hobby Lobby promoting an effective business model by not being open on Sundays?
- In spite of a lot of progress, men still make more money than women for similar work. Explain why this is so. Is there something we should do about it?
- Is Cybersecurity important? How is your country trying to keep cyberspace safe? How much privacy should citizens be willing to give up?
- What are the limits government should have in investigating businesses and regulating them for terrorism?
- How should businesses choose employees? What is the most important: education, grades, test scores, interviews, recommendations, internships or some other criteria?
- What is the responsibility of colleges and Universities to help their graduates find jobs?
- Does letting someone work from home have disadvantages in terms of productivity? How important is it for people in a company to meet face to face?
- Should businesses offer on-site childcare? What are the benefits for companies?
- Should people support local businesses rather than shopping on-line?
- Is it ethical to buy something, use it, and then bring it back?
- Is drinking bottled water a good or bad thing to do?
- Which is more important: saving a species or encouraging development of land so that people have more jobs?
- Should the people of Flint Michigan be compensated for the contamination of their drinking water?
- Should we develop more public transportation in the U.S. so that there is less pollution due to cars?
- Should people pack lunches in reusable containers? Is it worth it to take that trouble?
- Are disposable diapers worse for the environment than reusable cloth diapers?
- Should people support the grow local and buy local movement to help the environment?
- Is nuclear energy a good or bad choice for your country?
- Would you pay more for all renewable energy like wind or solar? Why or why not?
- Is there such a thing as "noise pollution?"
- Why don't people pick up their trash?
- Why don't people recycle more? How can we best encourage recycling?
- How important is protecting the environment?
- What is the biggest environmental issue that will face your generation?
- Do zoos help or hurt animals?
- Can we stop the destruction of our environment?
- Are hunters good or bad for the environment?
- Should commercial fishing be banned to protect ocean creatures that are caught and killed accidentally?
- Is it ethical to eat wild salmon or the meat of other wild creatures?
- Does becoming a vegetarian help or hurt the environment?
English language classes usually require a lot of writing. When you're a middle school student, you don't feel the pressure. But high school and college students are assigned complex topics. They are rarely free to choose their own idea, so it makes the situation even more complicated. An argumentative essay should be based on three major set of skills of any good student:
- Research skills
- Writing skills
- Analytical skills
If one of these is your weak point, you would probably need online academic writing assistance. Anyway, you should try writing a persuasive paper on one of the chosen topics on your own. This is a good practice for your communication and research skills. Argumentative essays are assigned to train your debating abilities. This assignment has a great influence on how a student will perform or give a public speech later.
HOW TO SELECT DEBATABLE ARGUMENTATIVE TOPICS TO DISCUSS
You might think that it's better when your teacher assigns a particular argumentative topic to you. Having a right to develop your own idea is always better. When working on the persuasive essay, a student has to collect all valuable and time-tested sources to prove his knowledge of the certain issue. You may be encouraged to use such primary sources as:
- Academic journals
- Scientific magazines
- Official reports
Even if you are an expert in a certain field, don't hesitate to use and cite external sources. It will point to your ability to collect and select only the most relevant sources. Besides, direct and indirect quotes are needed to support your knowledge of academic writing style. If you are not sure in your writing skills, turn to professional writing agency to buy a winning argumentative essay on a variety of topics for cheap.
GET YOUR PERFECT ESSAY NOW
BEST ARGUMENTATIVE PAPER TOPICS
Easy argumentative essay topics
- Education should be free for everyone
- Why are the US citizens rapidly becoming more obese?
- Internet access must be limited to students
- Young people must have a right to choose when it comes to military
- Each student must have a right to pick only those disciplines he is interested in
- What are the advantages US educational system offers to international students?
- Which secondary languages are worth studying today?
- Is education too commercialised nowadays?
- Is current academic grading helpful in performance?
- Are tests like SAT and ACT effective?
- Advantages and disadvantages of MBA program.
Sports argumentative essay topics
- What can be done to assist teenagers in maintaining a healthy weight?
- Physical education in the school system.
- Does participation in NCAA negatively influence the academic performance?
- What is the top unbreakable record in sport?
- Is Michael Jordan still a basketball star?
Argumentative essay topics for middle school
- What is the real relationship between food, fitness, and weight?
- What are the negative effects of diets?
- Society should fight with anorexia
- To regulate health issues, people should think about their sleep more
- Is golf still demanded?
- Steroid takers must be banned from team sports activities.
- Is swimming really the best type of sport?
- Hockey and other dangerous sports.
Argumentative essay topics for college
- Production and sales of tobacco must be made illegal
- Death sentence should be activated in every country of the world
- Smoking in public places has to be banned
- Alcohol usage should be controlled
- They should not sell alcohol beverages after 11 P.M.
- Energetic drinks should be banned and made illegal
- Should court proceedings be documented for television?
- The most suitable age to have a right to vote.
- When can citizens start drinking and smoking (specific age)?
- On the whole, is there justice for all?
- Was the Industrial Revolution a Europe-wide phenomenon in the nineteenth century?
Classical argument topics
- It should be forbidden to use species of animals for research purposes and cruel experiments
- Should rainforests destructions be punished?
- To what extent are electric vehicles a solution to global pollution?
- Pros and cons of globalisation.
- Was Roosevelt right about building a Panama Canal?
- Are you on the side of King-Kong or militaries who interrupted his world to study it using violent measures?
- The risks the United States may face in terms of rapidly changing climate conditions.
- Earthquakes and their consequences.
- Tsunami: the death wave.
- Beautiful forests of Amazonia.
- Which species should be included in the Red Book (Liber Novus)?
- How can students add up to the social movement for nature's safety?
Controversial argumentative essay topics
- Third World War should be Prevented by Russian and US Governments
- Existing public school policies must be changed
- Is gun control an effective way to control the crime?
- Government should forbid same-sex marriages
- Society is turning over-regulated
- The countries with the highest levels of corruption.
- Are some political authorities engaged in illegal activities in the US?
- Should people with physical disabilities be accepted by the government?
- To be a politician: art or a born talent.
- Can anyone be above the law?
- Pros and cons of Monarchy.
- Is CIS a better alternative for the USSR?
Argumentative essay on technology
- Violent video games should be prohibited
- Does technology make people feel alone?
- YouTube Owners Should Check and Fix Comments That Involve Filthy Language
- Are people becoming technological zombies?
- Will humanity reach the time when there will be no more technological advancement?
- Influences of mobile phones: pros and cons
- Technology and education
Argumentative essay on social media
- Is technology limiting creativity?
- The role of communications in social networks for modern education.
- Are contemporary people too much reliant on technology?
- Are online friends more effective than imaginary?
- Is censorship of Internet necessary?
6th-grade argumentative essay topics
- First aid and medical help, in general, should become free
- People are good at heart (download and use an example now)
- People must spend less time on official work without any effect on their salaries
- Social movements must be financed by governments
- Parents have no right to control the lives of their children above 16
- Cloning must be banned
- Global warming (Just download the sample you need for free!)
- Are abortions legal?
- Cross-cultural marriages add up to racial tolerance
- Is it OK to date a younger male?
- What us incest?
- What should be the role of partners in relationship and family?
- Is online dating safe and productive?
- Will people start marrying their computers soon?
Funny argument topics
- Would Batman be in law in a real world?
- 2D vs. 3D vs. 4D: What's Next?
- Can the chip control the human mind like they do in superhero movies?
- Does Griffins Family correspond to the typical American family?
- Graffiti is an illegal art. How should it be punished?
- Marijuana should be legal.
- Should parents be soft on their children?
Art, Music & Movie Ideas for Papers
- Does art pay?
- Can music and cinematography be called an art too?
- Is gothic art the most preferred and magnificent in history of mankind?
- Can you succeed in life working in the field of art?
- Are today's music tracks educational or meaningful at all?
- Is modern lyrics too explicit for a young audience?
- There is no plot in the majority of up-to-date movies.
- How long should a motion picture last?
DOWNLOAD MORE ARGUMENTATIVE ESSAY SAMPLES
VALUABLE TIPS & SIGNS OF THE GREAT TOPIC IDEAS
If you wish everyone to read your piece with the bated breath, try to:
- Pick a topic that everyone is currently discussing. Pay attention to the rumours.
- Select a question an answer to which is still unknown to many people.
- Choose an audience that does not agree with your point.
- Decide on the problem on which everyone has a specific point of view.
- Choose an issue based on your own interests, but don't go too far!
Here we have shared some of the most effective tips:
- No obvious argumentative paper topics!
- Do not stop on those topics that do not arise any arguments. Topics that state scientific facts proved by centuries do not work.
- A debatable essay must focus on the critical issue which leads to the global conflicts.
- Almost every second problem related to politics is a good choice. You may also write something about your school, college or university policies that annoy you or make students argue with their teachers and principals.
- Skip topics that people tend to agree on.
- At the same time, it is better to pass by argumentative essay topics connected with religion, gender, race, and other sensitive episodes of human life. Otherwise, your subjective opinion may be graded subjectively.
- It is better to write your essay following APA style. You may read how to format academic papers in APA here.
Remember: the world is not black-and-white. There are always two sides of the coin. So, even if you're pretty sure in your claim, and the majority of people tend to support it, consider the arguments of the opposing side. Only then your argumentative paper will be graded respectively high.
As you can see, the procedure is everywhere the same. But the idea is to choose the most exciting argumentative paper topics in order to impress both your audience and your teacher. It's like a competition, where the highest grade is your prize. Whenever you need immediate help with your assignment, turn to the professional writing service which can compose an argumentative essay on any topics in several hours.
A FEW WORDS ABOUT STRUCTURE
Just like any other academic paper, argumentative essay requires such steps as:
- In-depth research
- Gathering of information
- Picking the most credible and up-to-date sources
- Writing a draft
- Writing compare and contrast essay itself
- Revising (at least twice)
Speaking about the organisation and structure of the argumentative essay, we offer a five-paragraph paper outline. Let your original ideas flow in this manner:
A conclusion is, no doubt, the most important part of the argumentative essay as you can either support the good impression or destroy it entirely. If you want to avoid typical mistakes, find valuable recommendations in this article.
It all seems easy: just select, draft, write and revise. You may keep your argumentative essays for your future job portfolio in case they are highly graded. We recommend fixing them a bit once your teacher returns the checked version to you. The next time, the process would seem much easier to you.
If you have no desire to waste time on selecting the best topic and writing the whole argumentative essay from scratch, don't forget that you have a loyal team of professionals by your side. We are always ready to help for affordable prices - just contact us in the case of any questions or need for additional information. Expand your horizons by ordering an outstanding argumentative paper from expert US writers!
GRAB YOUR "A" ESSAY HERE!
Wishing for a magic writing solution? – We’ve got one for you